Thursday, August 8, 2013

Summer Ministry Highlights 1

August is a month of transition. Our ministry (and my mind) is making a shift from the craziness and busy-ness of summer to the routine and rhythm of a new school year. But before the transition is complete, I want to take a little time to reflect on some memorable moments from this summer of ministry. (These are being posted in no particular order.)

Isaac Steps Up
Then I said, "Ah, Lord God! Behold, I do not know how to speak, for I am only a youth." But the Lord said to me, "Do not say, 'I am only a youth'; for to all to whom I send you, you shall go" (Jeremiah 1:6-7).

By the second day of Franklin County Christian Camp, a young man had yet to volunteer to speak at our first guys' devotional that evening. When I asked in our assembly that morning for someone to step up, a hand confidently went up toward the back of the room. It was Isaac Lynch's hand. Isaac is 10 years old, in the 4th grade, and was a first-time camper. And he fearlessly delivered an excellent talk that night to a room-full of guys much older than him. I was very proud. Here's a little taste...



2 comments:

  1. Isaac was in my two year old Sunday school class. He was precious then and now. I'm very proud of the young man he is becoming. We miss him very much at WCA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What courage it takes to stand in front of people and speak. Issac, continue to be brave. The Lord will help you speak His message. I am so very proud of you. One of your Winchester teachers.... :D

    ReplyDelete